Robert E. Brown, CPA
Accomplished CFO and Operations Officer with extensive experience in the design, implementation and oversight of finance, accounting, and administrative systems. A very hand’s on executive comfortable in both small and large corporate environments. Extensive expertise in Tax, strategic planning, budgets, acquisition and merger evaluations and efficiency processes. Expertise in manufacturing, service and investment industries. Skilled in debt restructuring, overhead reduction, and cost analysis. Proficient in most small and large accounting/ERP platforms. Taught financial planning at UOP for six years plus functioned as head of financial planning for billion dollar national company.
MBA in Finance and management (CSULB) with BS in Accounting and a CPA.
California Life/health license and Registered Investment Advisor (Series 65 and 63 licenses). Six years teaching finance, accounting, strategic planning and system design at UOP. CFO/VP Administration for various organizations from $2 billion down to small multi-million dollar firms.
Proficient in LLC, C, Sub S, LP and Payroll Taxation.
Experience in Micro soft great-plains, MAS 90+ and other accounting software.
Financial Planning experience both in teaching for 6 years and hands on experience.
In depth proficiency as a manager and consensus builder able to train and improve administrative and financial functions.
Hollyhills Development & Bailey Family Trust - National Real Estate Development Company
Chief Financial Officer and Operations Officer 12/2005-Present
• Set up budgets and developed on going cash forecasts for 43 separate entities.
• Prepared tax returns for over 30 companies, from LLC’s, LP’s, Domestic “C” to “S” corporations and reviewed and/or modified all company agreements with customers and vendors.
• Responsible for all accounting, tax, cash management, and financing with two
Controllers, and three HR executives reporting to me.
• Involved in assessing feasibility of land acquisitions. Setup budgets and operational
guidelines; reviewed map process from tentative to final subdivision map.
• Reduced overhead by eliminating redundant functions, decentralizing several group
operations and modifying insurance programs; thus saving over $1.2 million a year.
• Tracked cost of building components and setup system to insure best supplier awarded contracts. Negotiated with vendors to reduce price and decelerate payments, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
• Involved in all aspects of IPO structuring and dealing with M&A validation.
Robert E. Brown, CPA, Page 2
Morwear - International Retail Chemical Manufacturer/ Distribution Company
Chief Financial Officer: (Consulting Turnaround Engagement) 2005
• High growth turnaround situation – wherein I converted to Micro Soft ERP system and revamped complete management reporting procedures to focus on exception reports.
• Increased A/R collections by 15% and renegotiated more favorable vendor credit terms.
• Developed three year strategic plan and budget tied to accounting G/L.
• Reviewed propriety and nature of disbursements on daily basis in order to control cash.
• Set up new HR Department and tax strategies for ownership team.
• Reviewed and trained accounting staff with training sessions I developed.
• Updated job cost with current data and eliminated marginal lines saving several million dollars.
• Revamped inventory system with current standard costs and relevant reports on an exception basis.
Seche International; an international wholesale and retail cosmetic manufacturing firm 1999-2004
Chief Financial Officer
• Revamped management reporting system and converted to MAS 90 with updated job cost system.
• Did reverse merger of three corporations with large attendant savings.
• On inadequate cash flow reduced indebtedness by $1.4 million in less than three years.
• Developed both sales performance and job cost system focusing reporting on an exception basis and eliminating unproductive sales personnel and products with a marginal GM factor. Sales increased by 20% and cost fell by 14%.
• Responsible for International Marketing using distributors in England, Russia, China, and Spain.
CB Partners, A financial and business consulting firm 1990 to 1999
• Developed and negotiated acquisition of Fox Studio subsidiary for Hollywood Graphics firm.
• Revamped management and controls for RE Single Family developer in San Diego.
• Brought national trucking firm from a net loss of $(600,000) to profitability by restructuring marketing, safety programs, and overhead reduction.
• Involved in pre IPO satellite communications company with FCC approval of use of such in several regional time settings.
PSB Realty Corporation 1985 to 1990
CFO & Financial Planning Executive
• Renegotiated over $200 million in loans increasing maturity and lowering both interest rate and payments.
• Converted accounting system to J.D. Edwards World System.
• Responsible for all IT, Tax compliance, HR, and Accounting. Six direct reports. Managing officer of property management group. Established practices and procedures regarding property valuation and operating procedures. Over 3000 multi-family Units and numerous commercial and retail facilities on percentage lease agreements.
Robert E. Brown, CPA, Page 3
• Functioned as interim COO for construction group handling all operations, design and coordination.
• Involved in all regulatory aspects with FDIC, FSLIC, and State Commissioners.
• Handled all capital and budgetary scenarios for this two billion dollar firm.
Short-Term Consulting Related:
• Functioned as VP land acquisition for the Garret Group out of Temecula, CA.
Put together acquisition packages, negotiated agreements, and ran projections.
This was a four month project.
Prior Full Time Experience Prior to 1985
• Controller, Majestic Realty/Commerce Company
• Personal Controller, Donald M. Koll of Koll Company.
• Controller for Old Fashion Kitchen – a national dessert manufacturing company.
• Financial Planning Manager, Pacific Lighting Corporation (Oil and gas company)
• Auditor, Authur Andersen and Co.
• MBA – California State University at Long Beach. Specializing in Mgt and Finance.
• BS Accounting – Long Beach State College.
• 24 Units of Law and contracts
• 30 CE hours per year in financial investments, analysis, and market equity products.
Sql Server Maintenance
United States - sharepoint, sql, ms sql, sql server, crystal,...
Technician High School
Cooper City, FL - marine, installer, sea, rigging, electronics,...
Baldwin, NY - casualty, adjuster, commercial, claims, insurance,...
India, Mumbai, MH - office assistant, dept, computer operator, period,...
Irvington, NJ - truck driver, truck, driver, street, cdl, avenue,...
Philippines, Malabon Metro Manila - santos, wilson, nurse, technician, juan, metro,...
Smyrna, GA - justin, lighting, football, gm, workforce,...