Waikiki Health has been providing healthcare services to our community for over 50 years. Thanks to our members and passionate and dedicated professionals, we have grown from our single Waikiki Drug Clinic, helping minimize the drug use among our community’s youth, to a multi-service, multi-site non-profit agency. Our mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. We strive to provide compassionate healing and expert care that result in improved health and quality of life for all in our island community. We work hard each day to better ourselves in order to care for our Hawaii Ohana. If you are looking for a career path that will make an everlasting difference in your community, Waikiki Health is right for you.
Waikiki Health is recruiting for a full time Pharmacy Intern. The Pharmacy Intern will assist the Pharmacist(s) in all aspects of the processing and dispensing of prescriptions in a safe and efficient manner. They perform a wide variety of technical and clinical duties within the scope of “pharmacy practice” as currently defined in section 461-1 HRS, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Pharmacist(s) in the processing, preparation and dispensing of prescriptions and medication orders and medical supplies.
• Assist the Pharmacist(s) in the inventory process of maintaining medications, medical supplies and retail merchandise at ideal inventory levels.
• Perform sale transactions and provide patients with appropriate drug information, health insurance and other health care related services.
• Assist in the processing of third party insurance claims and other pharmacy billing and cash management functions.
• Assist in clinical pharmacy programs as assigned.
• Perform other tasks and special projects which allow the pharmacy to achieve the annual performance goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current valid Hawaii Pharmacy Intern Permit in good standing.
• Successfully completed at least one year as a student of, or be a graduate of, a school or college of pharmacy, that is accredited or a candidate for accreditation by the ACPE.
• Must be able to work with multi-ethnic and multi-cultural staff and clients.
• Must be fluent in English.
*Waikiki Health requires proof of the following immunization; with or without reasonable accommodation: TB skin test or chest x-ray, Hep B (optional), Covid-19.
Waikiki Health provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including 100% premium paid employee health care, voluntary life insurance, generous employer matching, paid holidays, paid time-off, and more. We are currently looking for compassionate and team-oriented individuals to join our organization. If you are interested in improving health and quality of life for all in our island community, please visit our website for more information.