If you live in the Greater Portland area, are a licensed Employee Benefits Account Manager and feel like you are ready to accelerate your career, my client's Large Group Team wants to talk to you!
My client is a National Insurance Brokerage. You would be part of their Lake Oswego Large Group Benefits Team. You would be supporting the Benefits Consultant and Account Executive with about a $1.5 Million dollar book.
You will start off working with groups in the 50 to 500 range and as your large account and self-funding knowledge grows, you will start working with those accounts as well.
You will work with all Oregon Carriers and National Carriers such as Regence, Providence, Kaiser, UHC/UMR, and Cigna. Employee Navigator is used on some accounts along with BenefitPoint. You will also have the opportunity to work with Perfect Quote in the near future as that product is added into the workflow.
You will use quoting software, manage the RFP process, and will do the spreads for any groups in the 50 to 100 lives segment.
Analysts are assigned to all groups of 100 or more lives, and they manage the RFP process and do all of the spreads for these groups. You work in conjunction with them on the renewal and any other deliverables.
The EB team meets every Mon in the Lake Oswego office for an all staff meeting to collaborate and build team culture. You can choose to work the rest of the time from your home office if desired.
There will be some local travel in the OR and WA areas during pre-renewal and open enrollment meetings. You will go out with the AE or the Consultant or both for these meetings and all expenses are covered. Most of the meetings will be with existing clients, however, there will also be times when you will need to go out with the Sales Team for pre-sales introductions, Carrier events, etc.
Key job aspects include:
• Strategic management of assigned book in conjunction with Producer to understand client's business and assist in developing EB programs and initiatives that support the client's goals and objectives; Coordinates and ensures a smooth transition process for new customers.
• Delivers enrollment, benchmarking, financial and utilization data based on financial review standards and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Identifies opportunities for adding other lines of coverage or services.
• Educates clients concerning the regulatory environment and assists clients with compliance issues as necessary.
• Acts as project manager by clearly communicating and collaboratively guiding the account team to execute customer specific initiatives which deliver unique value through the execution of client specific business plans, service timelines, and corporate communications.
• Coordinates and oversees the renewal process, including marketing activities, understanding underwriting and renewal development, and negotiating on behalf of client.
• Ensures accuracy of all agency management system information for marketing, benchmarking and other purposes. Updates on-going activity in agency management system.
• Maintains relationships with internal and external business partners and carriers.
The company offers excellent benefits, paid continuing education, and lots of opportunities for career growth.
Candidates need to have their OR Life & Health license and at least 3 years of retail agency level Employee Benefits Account Manager experience (mid-large preferred, but will look at a very proficient small group AM who is ready to move up).
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278. The client is looking to hire ASAP.