Mechanical Engineer / Project Engineer – Paper Machine Mill
Salary $80,000 - $115,000 + Excellent Benefits + Paid Relocation Package to the Midwest
As the Mechanical Project Engineer, you will play a pivotal leadership role in planning, design, cost estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision of projects assigned by the Engineering Manager. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator as you’ll be working with vendors & suppliers.
• Provide project management including the development, planning and execution of capital and expense projects
• Support equipment installation & modification, provide mechanical engineering leadership to resolve problems, troubleshoot, and optimize the processes
• Support the definition, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of a documentation system for mechanical drawings and other manufacturing systems
• Develop and conduct training programs with operation, maintenance, and engineering personnel to increase process knowledge, troubleshooting capability, and understanding of mechanical and manufacturing control systems
• Identify and solve bottlenecks within the process as related to manufacturing
• Review equipment and processes to identify required spare parts and coordinate ordering with maintenance/stores to minimize downtime
• Perform failure analysis of mechanical equipment and machines to implement reliability improvement actions items
• Effectively track and manage project costs within established budgets
• Develop and effectively communicate project status reports as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• At least 3 years’ experience as a mechanical engineer in project management in technical and industrial plant. Paper manufacturing is preferred, tissue is most preferred
• Experience in troubleshooting mechanical drive systems, general machine design, engineering calculations, converting packaging equipment and manufacturing support equipment
• Computer software skills including AutoCAD, MS Office & PowerPoint, SAP
• Ability to work independently and to execute programs in a cross functional environment
• Working knowledge of preventative maintenance and reliability improvement programs
• Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively lead work teams as well as work as a team member
• Core Competencies should include safety work habits, quality orientation, creative & innovative thinking, problem solving, research & analysis, operating equipment, ethics & integrity, coaching & mentoring, teamwork, time management, development & continual learning, accountability & dependability, decision making & judgement, providing consultation, planning & organizing, and communication.
TO APPLY: Email your resume Cindy@austinallen.com OR cindyATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). * All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by hiring companies. Hiring companies offer excellent compensation packages, benefits, and, where available, generous relocation assistance or packages.
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management