VINCENNES UNIVERSITY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Area: Workforce and Development Services
Department: Workforce Development
Position: RESEA Coordinator (Full-Time, Professional, Non-Tenure Position)
Location: Region 8
This is an entry level position with Vincennes University. The RESEA Coordinator will work with clients to provide re-employment services to job candidates receiving unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. The individual will develop a level of knowledge and responsibility in regards to the local workforce system. This position requires independent thinking and judgment as well as strong communication skills to appropriate administer the grant funds that have been procured by the regional workforce board.
DUTIES OF THE JOB:
• Coordinate services for the RESEA (Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment) program for Region to include oversight of adherence to the requirements of the program.
• Manage case load of diverse clientele including adults, dislocated workers, veterans and youth.
• Assure weekly selections of customers for required programs have been made and letters
associated with selection are sent out to customers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Meet all participation goals as identified in grant program requirements.
• Process claimant lists and schedule participants for RESEA program to include tracking
participation in case management system with a 90% accuracy of selection, coding and service entries in tracking system.
• Conduct RESEA orientation sessions and individual interviews with participants as needed.
• Be familiar with all WorkOne services available throughout the Region and possess ability to
make proper referrals as necessary.
• Administer/Manage placement of customers into unsubsidized employment through contacts developed and maintained with business and industry, working closely with business services
• Ability to use assessments, testing instruments and sound judgment to assist customers in making career and employment decisions.
• Document services and relevant data results in case management system to show on-going case management activities.
• Investigate and resolve initial grievances and complaints.
• Plan activities to meet annually established enrollment numbers and expenditure levels.
• Any and all other duties as assigned by the Program Director
REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Associate's Degree and/or minimum of at least two years of experience in the area of employment and training programs, employer relations, social work, economic development, or a related field.
The RESEA Coordinator receives general supervision and guidance from the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Operations Manager. Job responsibilities are to be performed within the general policies of Vincennes University as defined by the University manual, Policy Letters and internal organizational charts, position descriptions, written and verbal instructions, and IDWD policies.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
This position will have frequent contact with the general public. This position will have infrequent contact with the University administration, faculty and staff.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to establish working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities is essential.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are required.
• This individual will have frequent contact with the general public. The ability to explain program requirements and objectives in concise and understandable language to participants is essential.
• Interpret internal policies, WIOA policies, IDWD policies and VU policies to applicants, participants, local employers, schools, social service agencies, community organizations and members of the community as needed.
• Excellent organizational skills to maintain orderly work environment due to nature of the position. Strong foundational knowledge of local labor markets and able to assist in development of labor market information as needed for use by internal and external customers.
• Ability to learn and proficiently apply a variety of computer applications specific to the work environment. Ability to learn multiple computer databases which include Indiana Career Connect (ICC}, Uplink, etc. effectively to ensure appropriate, accurate, and timely entry of data into required system.
• Ability to be punctual, maintain good work attendance, meet deadlines and use of critical thinking skills are essential.
SALARY: Range $32,000 to $36,000 per year. Salary will be determined on the basis of experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, 16 paid holidays, tax-deferred retirement contribution, vacation, and sick leave. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following, in order, via email as one pdf document: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
LastName_FirstInitial_JobTitle to jobs, or hard copy application materials may be mailed to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer