Holy Trinity is an inclusive and affirming church believing all people have gifts to share with our community. Together we are creating a safe and compelling church for new generations of Christians and a genuinely intergenerational community.
SUMMARY: The financial assistant (FA) provides financial services to church members, staff, the treasurer, and Finance Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Record pledges made during the annual stewardship drive.
• Download quarterly statements and email or print them for parishioners.
• Process weekly giving batches and review parishioners’ accounts for accuracy.
• Keep all financial contribution information confidential.
• Enter invoices for payment, handle billing disputes with vendors, cut checks, arrange for signatures, and mail.
• Balance checking and investment accounts and submit reconciliation to the treasurer.
• Download and print monthly reports for the treasurer and individual ministry teams.
• Process payroll on a biweekly basis.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll tax forms, make necessary deposits, and prepare annual W 2s and 1099s.
• Prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform a yearly audit of financial records.
• Provide financial data for the Parochial Report.
• Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
• Practical experience in fund based accounting and account reconciliation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft products, and the ability to learn Realm and ACS software.
• Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
• A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of church ministries.
• A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records of the church, staff, and members.
• Dependable attendance.