Family Service Consultant
Place of Performance: RAF Croughton, United Kingdom
Family Service Consultant shall communicate and promote all AFRC programs and core services to the RAF Croughton community.
• Shall administer and coordinate Military & Family Readiness Center (MFRC) programs in support of the 422 ABG Commander’s program.
• Responsible for coordinating and facilitating classes, seminars, and workshops, and coordinating /facilitating when applicable.
• Responsible for the dissemination of information such as local services and resources offered by the MFRC to the RAF Croughton community.
• Deliver professional and courteous customer service. All services provided by the Family Service Consultant are covered under the Privacy Act and shall be considered confidential, except for some instances which may be excluded by regulation.
• You shall be an Ad Hoc member and attend Integrated Delivery System (IDS) meetings. You are expected to offer solutions based from the Family Services perspective during the meetings.
• Maintain a record of all services provided to the community under the Family Services Program.
• In coordination with the Relocation Core Compliance Expert staff, you shall maintain the Military Home Front’s Plan My Move database relating to Family Services and keep it up to date.
• Assist customers in completing paperwork for the Key Spouse program, Camp Kudos annual event, Newcomers family support information, Air Force Aide programs (Heart Link, Bundles for Babies, Give Parent’s a Break, Car Care Program, PCS Care, volunteer Care), AFR library resource materials, Employment Assistance, Personal Financial Readiness Services, and Community Attic volunteer coordination.
• Attend speaking events such as Commander’s calls, Spouses’ groups, and post on the 422 ABS and Spouse’s social media page to promote MFRC programs.
• Maintain a reference library for 422 ABS/FSA volunteers and customers by periodically collecting and gathering information from books, magazines, and other related materials in the subject of Family Services.
• Coordinate and route all budget requirements related to Family Services through the Sustainment and Family Service Flight Chief.
• Maintain a neat, clean, and professional image at all times during work performance.
• Shall not accept or collect any moneys from customers in the performance of any work.
• During times of crises or emergencies, you shall be notified and perform a support role to the 422 ABS/FSA Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC) program. You shall support the EFAC during regular work hours. You shall work at the walk-in reception, call center covering phone lines and managing the appropriate checklists at the designed EFAC location.
• Shall be able to read, comprehend, write and speak English fluently.
• Shall have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to efficiently plan and organize, communicate, and manage diverse program requirements.
• Shall have basic computer skills, functional working knowledge of Microsoft programs Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to navigate web sites, social media sites, and perform searches on the Internet.
• Shall not be a current employee of the United States Government.