Experienced Background Investigator - Independent Contractor: PAPERPROOF
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, ISN Corporation is a nationwide provider of specialized professional services to Federal government agencies. ISN's portfolio includes work with over 100 Federal agencies.
ISN Corporation has been awarded a place in the Washington Business Journal's list of the 50 Fastest Growing Government Contractors. ISN is also on the Business Inc. Magazine's 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies for two years.
Independent Contractors on the PAPERPROOF program will conduct comprehensive interviews with subjects, employers, associates, references, and other knowledgeable individuals and review appropriate records to obtain facts to resolve all material issues in a case or to establish the background, reputation, character, suitability, or qualifications of the subject under investigation.
Independent Contractors are not employees and have the ability to accept and reject assignments. Independent Contractors generally work from their home office and in the investigation territories selected. Assignments are generally within 100-mile radius but TDY assignments may be available, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Conduct fieldwork to obtain all pertinent, required factual information and report it in a non-biased manner in a clear and concise Report of Investigation.
• Conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject of investigation, references (both provided by the subject and those you develop independently), as well as neighbors, coworkers, supervisors, friends, and other associates, as necessary.
• Complete record searches at places of employment, residences, law enforcement agencies, courthouses, and mental health, financial, educational institutions, or other record repositories, as needed.
• Work independently and securely from your home with little day to day supervision.
• Meet government and industry standards for quality, integrity, timeliness and productivity
• Ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a local, state, or federal personnel security investigator.
• Experience conducting DCSA or other federal background investigations preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of general work experience.
• Currently possess a Top-Secret Clearance.
• Possess a professional demeanor and attitude, with an ability to adopt and adapt to change.
• Have strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport quickly and communicate well with individuals from various backgrounds.
• Have excellent problem solving, time management, organization, scheduling and prioritization skills.
• Possess a valid driver's license with a favorable driver history and reliable transportation are required. Carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance, specifics of which may be changed from time to time.
• Have intermediate or better typing (40+ WPM) and computer skills.
ISN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ISN Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ISN Corporation is a Drug-Free Workplace. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment background investigation before beginning employment.