1. Civil designers draft both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, and other infrastructure systems for proposed building projects.
2. They also interpret civil engineering drawings and building plans to determine where to place utility and piping systems.
3. supervise construction of major public works projects such as buildings, highways, airports, bridges, and dams.
4. They can either work for a government organisation or in private industry competing for government contracts.
5. Responsible for the research and design of a company's new products and systems.
6. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
7. Identify the Problem, identify criteria and constraints, brainstorm possible solutions, select a design, build a model or prototype, test the model and evaluate, refine the design, share the solution.