Senior Litigation Paralegal - for powerhouse global law firm. This position can also be located in San Francisco, CA or Palo Alto, CA or Washington, DC.
**Hybrid position with remote and in person work.
**Ideal candidate is an experienced, career-track litigation paralegal with substantial work experience in AmLaw 100 firms or specialized boutique law firms, and is fluent in Spanish.
Five to ten plus years of litigation paralegal experience is required. Recent trial experience, trial prep, and experience traveling to trial as needed, setting up war rooms, etc.is required.
Candidate must also have strong cite checking experience.
This position will contribute as lead paralegal on large, complex cases and provide instruction and informal mentorship to junior paralegals at the Firm.
• All elements of litigation case management, including file
management, discovery, and trial activities.
• Utilize case calendaring system to track filings and appropriately
• Utilize existing systems and procedures and/or establish new
procedures to facilitate organization and retrieval of documents by
and for the attorneys on the case team.
• On a case-specific basis, coordinate and oversee the tasks of more
junior paralegals and other support staff as needed on large
litigation matters and/or investigations in all phases of litigation
from discovery through trial/arbitration.
• Liaise between case team attorneys and support staff as needed to
ensure that case-specific paralegal services are meeting the team’s
expectations. Identify opportunities to improve
systems/procedures, implementing new systems as appropriate.
• Interact with outside entities (such as courts, government agencies,
expert witnesses, corporations, vendors, and other law firms) to
gather information or coordinate activities as needed in support of
firm activities, specifically trials and arbitrations.
• Lead discovery and witness preparation support efforts.
• Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested
by attorneys; conduct legal research under attorney supervision.
• Provide formal and/or informal guidance and training to more junior
paralegals regarding firm and litigation procedures and best
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with others to
facilitate a positive and productive work environment.
• Manage relationships with peers in co-counsel or virtual law firm
• Continuously refine, develop, and expand skills in anticipation of
changes in the work environment or profession.
• Must have at least five years of work experience as a litigation
paralegal in an AmLaw 100 firm or specialized litigation practice
• Experience with all stages of litigation, including intake,
discovery, and trial.
• Experience preparing for and attending trials/arbitrations/hearings.
• Experience coordinating trial/arbitration logistics, including
negotiating for workspace, setting-up remote office space, and
coordinating with vendors.
• Experience developing and maintaining processes to collect, store,
and maintain paper and electronic case files.
• Proficient with cite-checking and Bluebook rules.
• Superior organizational skills, with ability to work concurrently on
a variety of projects with changing priorities.
• Ability to work well as part of a team in both a leadership and
• Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure, ability to
integrate special assignments or projects into workflow.
• Excellent judgment demonstrated by the ability to make appropriate
decisions in high pressure situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that are clear,
concise, use proper grammar and appropriate vocabulary.
• Experience with court and administrative agency filings, including
electronic or e-filings.
• Experience using e-discovery databases (e.g. Relativity, Nuix
• Experience using litigation support software for managing files and
transcripts preferred. (e.g. LiveNote, CaseMap, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software products including Word,
Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency using LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Adobe Acrobat in a legal
• BS/BA from an accredited college or university is strongly
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Must be available for overtime work and travel as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience; paid OT, generous employee benefits.