If you are an experienced Accounting/Finance professional with Independent Insurance Agency operations experience, and you are looking for your next career opportunity in the Greater Portland, Oregon area, my client wants to talk to you!
My client is a full service independent insurance agency located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. They are looking to fill their Accounting/Controller role due to an upcoming retirement. You will have full responsibility for the Accounting Operations and will oversee one full time Assistant. This is a full time permanent mid-career role. Once proficient in the role, you can work a flexible work schedule of at least 2 days from home if desired. (Please note, due to the sensitive nature of this role, 100% remote is not available.)
The company offers a great work culture, lots of autonomy, free parking, salary, benefits, vacation, retirement, and profit sharing. This is a company that is on the move and needs a forward thinking Insurance Financial Professional that has an entrepreneurial spirit and professional dedication to the insurance industry.
Here's a list of the key responsibilities for the role:
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including but not limited to: commissions, deposits and posts to appropriate accounts, and posting, reconciliation and processing of direct bill commissions.
• Process monthly financial close and account reconciliations for carriers and producers.
• Prepare, review and distribute balance sheet, P/L statement, and monthly cash planning.
• Assist with annual audit and tax return preparation.
• Provide financial analyses, reports and management reports as needed, in all areas of the business to be used in essential decision-making processes.
• Develop, implement and maintain budgeting, general and cost accounting systems and reports.
• Manage and review accounts receivables
• Manage activities of Accounts Payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee payroll, expense reimbursement reports and overall cash flow management.
• Analyze costs and calculate variances, reporting issues to management
• Create/maintain/enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Administer, reconcile, prepare and report all employee benefit annual reports to government entities including 5500 and census reports to TPA.
• Manage preparation of 1099 and W2 reports.
• Create/implement/maintain production records and associated reports as required by the President.
• Initiate, process, reconcile, monitor, follow-up and pay all filings with the States including surplus lines.
• Ensure the accuracy of producer’s commission and monitor corrections in conjunction with Operations Manager and Account Manager.
• Responsible for annual reports and renewals of filings with various states.
State Licensing & Company Appointments
• Initiate individual producer licenses by completing and submitting all paperwork and fees to state for processing. Follow up on license status until complete.
• Preparation of all agency licensing documents, business licenses, entity licenses and ordering of registered agent documents for all states.
• Complete all affiliation paperwork for states and carriers.
• Track and complete license renewals.
• Submit current individual and agency licenses to all companies, requesting company/state appointments as needed.
• Complete paperwork for company appointments and submit with state license, production numbers, E&O certification, etc.
• Renew all license and monitor DLRP for each state.
• Complete all carrier appointment paperwork.
Candidates must have Independent Insurance Agency Financial/Accounting experience to be considered for this opening. (No exceptions). Knowledge of EPIC agency management is a huge plus! Local candidates are preferred, however, out of state candidates currently in process of moving to the Portland area will be considered. The client would like to hire by Jan 1st, 2022 to enable the new Controller to onboard with the current staff.
To apply, email you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.