At Heartfelt Solutions, we believe everyone has a right to be an active member in their community. We help people of all ages with intellectual and/or physical disabilities explore what community means to them. We support them in defining what they want their life to look like. Then we facilitate community activities that work toward and meet goals that move them closer to that vision. The world has a lot of barriers and challenges, and we identify and solve those, not FOR someone, but WITH someone.
Our Direct Support Professional (DSPs) are a vital part of a client’s success in learning new skills and being active in their community. This position will be serving our clients in the Louisville area. This is an ideal position for students in a variety of curricula. Our employees gain relevant hands-on skills while helping their clients do the same. Additionally, we can accommodate almost any class schedule!
A reliable form of transportation and a resume are required to be considered for this position.
If you live by the following values, you will make a great DSP:
1. Unconditional respect and positive regard for all.
2. Promotion of healthy relationships and healthy lifestyles.
3. Promotion of self-sufficiency and independence to the greatest extent possible.
4. Belief that all individuals can contribute to their community.
5. Belief that all individuals have rights, freedoms, and access to any necessary accommodations.
6. Empowerment of individuals to live, work, socialize and enjoy leisure in the least restrictive environment.
1. Is eighteen (18) years old with a high school diploma/GED or is at least twenty-one (21) years old.
2. A reliable form of transportation.
3. A class D (regular) driver’s license.
4. A professional resume.
5. Since this position is community-based, applicant must be willing to travel. In most cases, we can match you with someone within a few miles of you.
6. Must pass a background check and drug screening. Having a record does not necessarily disqualify you. Please reach out if you have specific questions.
7. Can communicate proficiently with clients and staff.
8. Has a valid social security number or valid work permit if not a U.S. citizen.
9. Can understand and carry out instructions.
10. Has the ability to keep simple records. Submitting notes and meeting deadlines are an important piece of providing quality services.
11. Provide support to participants to facilitate independence and promote community
12. Provide one-on-one support related to goals designed to build independence and promote community engagement. Each person is unique, so our services should reflect that. A client may live on their own, with family, or other. Supports may include activities of daily living, personal hygiene, shopping, money management, socialization, relationship-building, leisure activities, participation in community activities, healthy choices, skill-building, and many more.
This position will be serving our clients in the Louisville, Kentucky area. If you would like to apply or want to learn more, please call 502-915-8343 ext 100 or email .