The Journeyman Plumber will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairs associated with plumbing, heating, gas lines and equipment of Price Plumbing. He/she will work using safe work practices, always being aware of personal, team members and client safety. The Journeyman Plumber will be required to demonstrate written and verbal communication through the creation of work documents, and through providing explanations and training to others on the safe use of related equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform backflow preventer testing if licensed to do so.
• Maintain and service plumbing, heating units and components.
• Test and replace defective equipment.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Secure pipes or related equipment, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints, pro press, dependent on specifications.
• Respond to service calls and troubleshoot issues.
• Participate in all construction and remodeling projects involving plumbing.
• Tend to the maintenance and preventative maintenance programs, including cleaning of all plumbing and gas equipment.
• Drive company vehicles.
• Propose changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation and efficiency of systems plans and specifications.
• Assigns supervision and oversees aspects of new assignments.
• Supervises and provides technical expertise to staff.
• Manage, evaluate, supervise, train, and coach assigned staff/apprentices.
• Develops goals and priorities; assigns tasks and projects.
• Sign and approve timesheets for assigned staff on the same job/projects.
• Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations.
• Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
• Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
• Maintain current plumber's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
• Ensure the assigned truck is kept clean and well maintained.
• Other assigned work as required.