Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews audit processes (e.g., process map, narrative and control point listing, etc.) to ensure documentation is current and to identify any gaps in test procedures
• Interviews relevant staff to confirm process activities are documented accurately.
• Prepares work papers (i.e., description of implemented audit controls tests) to formally document audit activities.
• Ensures quality action plans address the root cause of a finding.
• Interacts as needed with external auditors to respond to process documentation requests (e.g., review annual testing plans, audit test findings, etc.)
• Coordinates with the subject matter expert to keep process documentation (e.g. narratives, self-audit workpapers).
• Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
• Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
• Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Experience with SQL, Advanced Excel, Advanced Access, Tableau, and Kronos.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Accounting.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification – Preferred.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certification - Preferred.
• Experience utilizing technology-based applications to perform analytical reviews - Preferred.
• Experience supervising others – Preferred.