1. Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results.
2. Test and evaluate theoretical designs.
3. Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
4. Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
5. Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
6. Estimate budget and scope of project.
7. Solicit observations from operators.
8. Prepare product reports and documentation.
9. Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.