Job Title: Business Analyst - Intermediate
Duration : 6 months with possibility of extension.
Job Posting Start Date: 01/24/2022
Job Posting End Date: 07/22/2022
Location: Meadowpine Blvd-Hybrid model will take place!
The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels. Working closely with the project manager, the incumbent will work with the IT Partner, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies, applications and the impacts of change on the business.
• Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
• Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
• Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
• Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
• Writing detailed functional specifications for system behaviour, system integrations such as creating source and target mapping of information across systems
• Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
• Assisting with development of test scenarios and test cases as appropriate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
• Strong abilities to perform business analysis, translating requirements into functional specifications that can help drive specification for developers and/or testers as needed. Need to be an all-rounder, but emphasis for this role is especially on business systems analysis.
• Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
• Completely understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories (Required)
• Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS
•Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst role (Required)
• 2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations, ETL components (Required)
• Agile/ Scrum experience (Required)
• MS Office, MS Visio proficiency (Required)
Nice to have:
• Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)
•Salesforce Experience (Asset)
• Cloud, AWS experience (Asset)
• Basic SQL query writing experience (Asset)
• Soap UI experience (Asset)
• Knowledge of change management and project management principles (Asset)
• Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements.
• Available and willing to collaborate with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently
• Strong communication skills (Required)
If you are available, please send your resume to OR OR refer someone interested.