Position Description: As a result of continued growth, our client now has an opportunity for an Experienced Senior or Supervising Senior Auditor in the Birmingham, Alabama office. The Auditor will assist in the overall successful completion of external audit engagements and become a key player in ensuring that deliverables are consistent with partner, manager, and client expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform and external audits, either independently or as part of a team. Gather and analyze data as necessary to accomplish audit objectives in a timely manner.
• Possess an understanding for generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
• Consider and evaluate all relevant factors when making decisions with the ability to ask questions where needed.
• Exercise sound judgment regarding when to refer issues outside of your authority to more senior staff.
• Demonstrate ability to manage projects and people.
• Provide input to audit planning, risk model updates, process control mapping / flowcharting and audit report drafts.
• Perform audit testing, either working independently or under the supervision of the Audit Partner or other assigned staff.
• Develop an understanding of the client's business and industry.
• Communicate the client needs to team members.
• Possess an understanding of accounting principles as well as pronouncements of the AICPA and FASB in order to assist in the production of financial statements, reviews, and compilations.
• Prepare clear and concise working papers documenting testing, discussions, conclusions, and issues.
• Prepare meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence.
• Prepare financial statements.
• Effectively apply technology tools such as data extraction software in assigned audit areas.
• Know and understand the reason behind the firm's policies and procedures.
• Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
• Develop and foster positive working relationships focusing on the identification of solutions to significant audit risk and regulatory issues.
• Clearly communicate issues to audit management and participate in pursuing effective and timely resolution.
• Gain an increasing understanding of the organization, systems and processes, policies and procedures, accounting guidelines, and personnel.
• Demonstrate a professional rapport with organizational contacts.
• Perform systematic audit follow-up, with testing as necessary to validate effectiveness of corrective actions taken in response to audit recommendations.
• Supervise and train staff accountants and interns by providing instruction and feedback.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional bank publications; establishing personal network; and participating in professional societies.
• Education - Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration.
• Experience - minimum of four years of audit experience in a public accounting firm.
• Possess a CPA license.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, accuracy and dependability, initiative, and application of logic and good business judgment.
• Must be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and audit procedures, computer literate, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit a copy of your resume to .