Our Oxford, MS manufacturing client is looking to hire a Quality Engineer. As a Quality Engineer you will facilitate quality improvements by developing methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
• Troubleshoots quality problems.
• Gathers and analyzes data to plan, coordinate, and report quality improvements.
• Participates in projects for production application.
• Conducts internal quality controls concerning areas or company products to ensure quality procedures and norms are met.
• Assists monitoring and recording inconsistencies with quality procedures and norms.
• Collaborates with more experienced engineers in preparing quality analyses and recommends necessary quality procedure changes.
• Prepares reports on rejected or defective products.
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3 years related experience.
• Ability to perform Gage R&R Studies
• ASQ Certification is a plus.
• Familiar with ISO 9000
• QMS auditing experience
• Experience developing control plans.
• Work involves the application of more complex engineering principles to develop methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
• Competencies in SPC, Capability Studies, and Six Sigma.