Product Development Engineer
Our Columbia, SC client is looking to hire a Product Development Engineer with HVAC, Cooling or Heating Engineering experience to their team. As the Product Development Engineer, you will support the cooling test design experience. You will design, fabricate, modify, and evaluate complex mechanical and electro-mechanical components, and sub-systems. You will also work directly with the product management team, production team and lab technicians to execute testing.
• Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
• Technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development.
• Coordinate the efforts of drafters/designers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required by assigned projects.
• Conduct independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering.
• Requires at least 2-4 years related experience in HVAC, heating or cooling engineering within any industry.
• Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
• Experience with analytical and CAD software.
• Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.