A design engineer with hands on experience who can effectively manage their time and complete tasks on their own. The successful candidate should be comfortable with shifting priorities and comfortable with challenging deadlines, as well as managing the activities of several concurrent projects.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering as a minimum
• 10+ years experience in chemical process engineering
• Ability to work closely with a team of engineers of varied backgrounds and expertise and effectively align solution delivery with vendors to ensure ultimate satisfaction of the client’s requirements
• Time management skills to deal with competing priorities while setting progressive yet realistic time frames and expectations relative to project deliverables
• Capability to adapt well to fast-paced working environment of multiple and/or rapidly evolving projects in a small business atmosphere.
The Chemical Process Engineer will work to support the entire team in the execution of projects. Having knowledge of, and ability to perform, the following is required:
• Working independently
• Supervising other engineering team members
• Developing material and energy balances and process flow diagrams (PFD’s);
• Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID’s)
• Equipment sizing, specifying and purchasing;
• Equipment and piping layout design support,
• Process and utility calculations;
• Construction support; and process startup.
• Project management experience
• Construction support and startup/commissioning experience