We are seeking Medical Administrator (Bilingual Japanese and English) to work inside military base.
Place of Performance: Yokota Air Base, Japan
Medical Administrative Clerk / Clear and Legible Results (CLR) Technician shall be responsible for tracking and receiving CLRs of referrals deferred to network within 60 calendar days for review by applicable healthcare provider and will track open referrals on a daily basis to ensure Access-to-Care (ATC) standards are maintained and notify patient and healthcare provider in accordance with (IAW)/Medical Group Instruction.
• Responsible for scanning CLRs into Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) IAW local/Air Force Instruction in Composite Health Care System (CHCS) within 60 calendar days and will prepare a wide variety of recurring and some nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents in accordance with (IAW)/Medical Group Instruction.
• Proofreads/edits documents. Ensures coordination procedures are followed and prepare patient briefing packets, routing/delivery of correspondences from Referral Management Center (RMC) staff throughout the medical treatment facility (MTF).
• Covers front desk. Answers telephone calls, greets visitors, and receives/relays messages for RMC staff members. Demonstrates telephone etiquette and communication skills and will schedule of patient referral appointments (internal/external appointments) and documenting/tracking of the referral in the Referral Management System (RMS) Tracking Database and within CHCS.
• Verifies patients are registered in CHCS and Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS); updates demographic information as needed. Obtain current, accurate contact information from patient.
• Schedules specialty referral appointments to MTF or Network providers using correct CHCS booking procedures, ATC standards and established clinic capability/booking protocols. Performs/assists with appointing network specialty care referrals as allowed by the Managed Care Support Contractor (MCSC), in accordance with (IAW)/Medical Group Instruction.
• Informs patients of the provider, location, time and day of referral appointments. Requests the patient to call back for appointment information if not provided appointment prior to leaving MTF for MTF and network provider initial specialty care appointments and will provide pre-appointment instructions to patients as indicated by the MTF in accordance with (IAW)/Medical Group Instruction.
• Submits referrals to the appropriate reviewer when required for medical necessity and appropriateness review and will document patient appointments in CHCS and/or RMS Tracking Database.
• Creates of referrals into standard format for submission to request appointments, Referral for Civilian Medical Care and will coordinate of referral authorizations from International SOS (ISOS).
• Copies medical records for Release of Information as required.
• Coordinates translation services for patients with translation contract services and will communicate to host nation hospitals/healthcare providers to facilitate patient referral requirements as needed.
• Trained on the following systems to assist as needed: AHLTA, CHCS, Referral Manage System (RMS), Carepoint.
• Shall possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
• Should have two (2) year experience of background in medical administration, or insurance claims, or referrals.
• Must have professional, clerical, and technical skills necessary to satisfy the requirements.
• Shall read, understand, speak, and write English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other Health Care Workers (HCW). For native speakers, you shall provide a copy of your passport. If not a native speaker, proof of a minimum score or higher of the following English test shall be submitted:
(a) Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) score: 730 or higher
(b) Other English Test if no TOEIC score is available: Equivalent level as the above
• A Japanese Language Proficiency Test of Results and Score of at least N2 or equivalent
certificate are required for non-speaking Japanese speakers.