Vertigo Inc. is seeking a junior editor to work directly with our Video Team. The ideal candidate will have experience in digital production and a strong background in editing. Applicants should be proactive and passionate with confidence in working under deadline pressure and meeting the strongest standards of journalistic integrity in the video editing process.
This is a project-based position with flexibility in work hours and schedule.
Pay: $112-$215 / hour
This opportunity is remote.
· Intermediate to experience in Adobe Premiere
· Knowledge of field and studio producing, determining video and sound
· Ability to translate stories visually in a way that’s compelling to audiences
· Familiarity with issues of national relevance and of particular concern to African-American audiences
· Familiarity with digital storytelling and creating viral edited video for social media
· Skills with After Effects are ideal
· Working with our Video Team to turn quick video edits under time constraints
· Longer form video editing on commentary video
· Occasional availability nights and weekends
· Contact our HR at WhatsApp No.: +16197149059
· We will send you a random YouTube video link.
· You will have 3 hours to analyze the video thoroughly and identify 18 scopes of improvements in the video.
· In these 3 hours of time, you are allowed to share the video with maximum 10 of your friends, family or colleagues to ask for suggestions.
· If you can get 13 correct answers then we can skip the first 2 of 3 stages of the interview process I.e. face time interview and technical interview. And you will get a date for the final round of face to face interview for immediate joining.
· You need to answer minimum 9 answers correct to get a face time interview followed by technical interview.
If you can get 16 correct answers (which is absolutely rare), you will get an immediate joining date for 7 days of probation. After that period you can be a permanent employee.