Primary Care Physicians (SA197816) Geriatrics North Augusta, Sc as
Jan 5, 2021
This East Georgia Medical Center is seeking board certified/board eligible primary care physicians (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, or Med-Ped) to join their practice in North Augusta, SC.
· Outpatient Practice working a 40+ hour work week Monday through Friday.
· An average of 30-35 patients per day
· 4.5 day work week
· The hours of the Practice are 8:00 – 5:00 M-Th and 8:00 - 12:00 PM F
· Procedures include joint injections, minor dermatology and office based
· Full sub-specialty support in Augusta, GA at University Hospital
· Mid-level support includes CMA, NP, PA and Clinical Leads
· EMR is Epic with exceptional training for the highest amount of efficiency
The Primary Care candidate will be expected to share outpatient call with other physician providers for patients in our Primary Care group. The Primary Care candidate is not expected to provide call coverage for Emergency Departments or inpatient treatment facilities.
· Candidates need to be either Board Eligible or Board Certified in either Family
Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, or Med-Ped
· Candidates with Fellowship training will be considered
· Open on age range
· American medical graduates as well as International medical graduates will be considered
· Candidates who require H-1b visa sponsorship will be considered. No J-1 visa sponsorships this year.
The medical center is a not-for-profit community hospital that receives no local funding. With 581 licensed beds, this acute care hospital serves a 25-county region in Georgia and South Carolina and continues to lead area hospitals in market share.
The more than 600 employed and independent primary care physicians and specialists who practice at the medical center provide everything from routine preventive and diagnostic care to comprehensive heart and vascular and oncology services, and much more.
Since 1999, the medical center has been named the Consumer Choice Award winner for overall quality and image. The Consumer Choice Award is based on an independent survey of consumers conducted by National Research Corporation to recognize the most preferred hospitals in metropolitan areas across the country. This distinction places the medical center in an elite group of hospitals nationwide.
Augusta–Richmond County is a consolidated city-county municipality, located at the fall line of the Savannah River. According to 2012 US Census estimates, the Augusta-Richmond County population was 197,872. Augusta is the principal city of the Augusta-Richmond County Metropolitan Statistical Area, which as of 2012 had an estimated population of 580,270, making it the third-largest city and the second-largest metro area in the state after Atlanta. It is the 116th-largest city in the United States. Internationally, Augusta is best known for hosting The Masters golf tournament each spring.