FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Report to: Production Manager
The Production Administrative Assistant is a position that handles the coordination and flow of all office related activities within the Warehouse and Production Environment. This position will spend much of the day on a computer at a desk answering and making phone calls, sending and responding to e-mails, double checking math and accuracy on reports, entering data from reports into UsedCardboardBoxes & UCBZeroWaste (UCB) online database, scanning and saving documents in an electronic folder file system, printing reports for the crew, calculating production values for the workers and overall assisting in anything office or administrative related for the Production Manager of the warehouse so that they can better focus on Production Planning and helping the work force. Success within this role is heavily dependent on attention to detail, arithmetic, and strong communication skills.
· Manage and track all inbound and outbound loads
· Manage the daily schedule for all incoming and outgoing deliveries
· Enter Bill of Ladings into Used Cardboard Boxes management system
· Create transactions for outbound trailers
· Prepares a daily schedule for the incoming live loads
· Enters daily sort reports into the UCB System
· Enters inbound trailers on the UCB Dashboard
· Follow up with missed delivery/pick up appointments
· Attend meetings to answer report and scheduling questions
· Report any scheduling conflicts to the Production Manager
· Perform administrative duties as requested by the Production Manager
· Prepare and present daily shift end reports
· Manage incoming/outgoing loads for specific clients which could mean entering inventory data on the client’s external inventory management system.
· Communicate frequently with client’s Materials Management Team to ensure proper inventory control
· Prepare inventory grade reports to present to the client(s)
· Assist the Production Manager with any daily tasks
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Attention to detail
· Workflow coordination
· Computer proficiency
· Microsoft Office proficiency
· Excellent time management
· Neat and organized
· Excel in fast paced and labor-intensive working environment
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Be able to thrive in a challenging job
· Proven scheduling abilities
· Strong conflict resolution skills
· Determination for job completion is a must
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Creating profit by reducing waste… with integrity and transparency.
UsedCardboardBoxes & UCBZeroWaste (UCB) designs, implements, and manages large-scale waste reduction programs that help major US companies reduce waste (cost) and increase recycling & reuse (revenue). We help them get to Zero Waste to Landfill at no out-of-pocket cost.
Founded in 2006, UsedCardboardBoxes is the largest buyer/seller of USED gaylord totes, produce bins, and shipping boxes in North America.
We BUY used gaylords, produce totes, shipping boxes & other commodities, for more than the recycling rates. The items most likely to be returned, reused, or resold are the gaylord totes, produce bins, shipping boxes, pallets, supersaks, barrel & drums our clients receive/unpack from vendors (often carrying bulk food/ingredients, plastic bottles/caps, and other high volume items). UCB can pay more than any recycler because we don’t recycle or export these items.
We RETURN, REUSE, or RESELL them as is, right here in the US. The mainly go to major retailers for distribution and reverse logistics. Many of the used shipping boxes are made into Eco-friendly moving kits, sold online and delivered to any residential address in 1-2 business days with free shipping, Most boxes are sold via tractor trailer, to large retailers as a low-cost way to distribute products out to stores. As a closed-loop sustainability program, totes, barrels, drums, and boxes can be sorted, inspected, and returned to the original vendor that purchased them (much like pallets programs) at significant savings.
UCBZeroWaste was created in response to our major client’s needs. We have proven methodology incorporates return, reuse, resale, recycling, and waste-to-energy (WTE)… all managed / reported real-time, via our proprietary software, called WATER.
UCB’s WATER (Waste Analytics and Tracking for Environmental Reporting) tracks all commodities (including organics), down to individual SKU’s, at each location (and a consolidated view), providing comprehensive, historic data for real-time analysis and continuous Improvement… right from your smart phone!
Getting to Zero Waste to Landfill is not cheap… and it’s also not achieved by getting the “best rate” for each commodity. Unlike tradition recyclers, UCB help reduce waste and streamline processes inside and outside our clients’ facilities. We first identify the processes that generates waste, and then work to decrease waste (cost) and increase return, reuse, resell, and recycling (revenue).
UCB is a waste reduction advocate (not a recycler or waste hauler) so our clients use their existing waste and recycling vendors, or seamlessly transition to more financially advantageous outlets, as they are identified. Money saved and generated through recycling and reuse can be applied to the Waste-to-Energy process, enabling UCB clients to get to “Zero Waste to Landfill” at no out-of-pocket cost. Because UCB is confident in our programs, we offer a no-risk, no cost approach where UCB is paid only out of the financial improvement created. No improvement = no payment.
By paying UCB suppliers more than recycling rates and charging UCB customers less than new packaging, we reduce environment impact, employ people in the US and make a profit. UCB’s model is a win/win/win!
UCB has created tremendous value at many of the largest manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in North America.
UsedCardboardBoxes & UCBZeroWaste (UCB) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.