The Production Planner shall be responsible for converting a customer purchase order into a work package for the production department. This involves the preparation of manufacturing drawings, preparing the manufacturing routing, and confirming the costing from the sales team.
The Production Planner will support the production department and the production engineering manager, from time to time, on special projects.
• Strong mechanical aptitude coupled with a background in a high volume, high mix manufacturing environment.
• Mastery of Solidworks and solid understanding of mechanical drawings are required to be successful in this role.
• Familiar with common inspection procedures including visual, dimension, magnetic particle, and penetrant inspections.
• Ability to interpret drawings and specifications to ensure product meets all requirements.
• Hands on experience in coaching and mentoring production staff.
• Self-motivated attitude with a general sense of urgency in all activities.
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technically complex ideas to a broad audience.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a larger team.
Position Responsibilities and Roles:
• Take preliminary designs from the sales team, complete all design and detailing, and create a manufacturing drawing packages for the production department.
• Prepare all routings and bills of material in the ERP system and release production orders to the production department.
• Maintain high standards in preparation of professional drawings and models.
• Support the QA and QC function as required.
• Support the supply chain group in sourcing of materials.
• Support the production manager in all issues related to drawings and production orders.
• Support the engineering manager in special projects as assigned.
• Manufacturing background
• Mastery of Solidworks
• Effective verbal and written communication in the English language
• Effective verbal and written communication in the French language is an asset
• Ability to multi-task
• Time management skills
• Developed interpersonal and leadership skills
• Manufacturing: 4 years
• Mechanical Manufacturing Drawings: 4 years
Education & Credentials:
• Minimum of a college degree in a CAD related program or mechanical engineering technologist program.