BTL Technologies, Inc., is a Texas corporation that provides contract staff augmentation to various government agencies in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with operations at government facilities in seven states. Our mission is to seamlessly partner with our customers to advance their mission by investing in the knowledge and capabilities of our employees.
The Director of Business Development will lead and devise business development strategies to ensure contract wins in the government and commercial markets through active, strategic and hands-on roles in all facets of the business acquisition and proposal process. As a component to the senior management team, the potential incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with other corporate departments in identifying, qualifying, and capturing new business opportunities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
· Identify, qualify, and capture new business opportunities focused on the federal government and commercial markets that support the BTL’s growth strategy.
· Research, develop, and qualify new business opportunities and new customer bases by leveraging knowledge and contacts.
· Manage a qualified pipeline of opportunities to support the company’s growth objectives and strategic goals.
· Develop and execute call/contract plan to stay in contact with current and new customers to introduce BTL’s capabilities/contract vehicles, determine client needs and challenges and offer potential solutions and shape opportunities for BTL advantage.
· Lead the initial investigation, develop capture plans, call/contact plans, and focused presentations to new customers for opportunities identified and qualified.
· Identify potential teaming partners and build integrated teams in both the Prime and Sub positions on new programs.
· Support RFI/Sources Sought, proposal, and task order response activities to include RFP analysis, written content, pricing, participating in color reviews, document edits, and developing submission ready final products.
· Coordinates with other functional departments to determine a “Bid or No-Bid” decision review upon RFP release enabling informed decisions to advance opportunities into the proposal stage
· Implement components of the BTL BD Strategic Plan to influence all aspects of new business capture.
· Report weekly on the opportunity pipeline
· Utilize the Capture Management system to capture and share all customer relationship data and lead management activities in Capture 2 Proposal (C2P).
· Track the status of potential opportunities and be responsible for updating the status in C2P.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum 7 years of business development and/or capture management experience in a federal government contracting environment.
· Proven successful track record of building relationships and growing accounts in the federal market
· Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships with clients and industry partners
· Experience with the successful execution of all phases of large and multi-year capture efforts, including strategic planning, teaming, proposals, market, or competitive and price-to-win analyses
· Experience in creating and maintaining a sustainable acquisition strategy
· Knowledge of Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quality (IDIQ) contracts
· Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak times
· Must be proficient with MS Office products
· Demonstrate success in managing projects within rigorous deadlines
· Demonstrate understanding of government proposal industry standards
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work on short-term assignments with rigorous deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to work with cross-function teams to develop proposals in various functional areas
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong analytical and decision-making skills that can be applied in a fast-paced environment
· Personal qualities of flexibility, people-first, excellence, accountable, resilient, integrity, and a commitment to the mission of BTL Technologies, Inc. (Flexible P.E.A.R. with Integrity)
Contact: Debra Kent, Recruiter – (216) 870-3177
BTL Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor
Job Type: Full-time