Registered Nurse Enhanced Skilled Nursing Unit (Director)
Enhanced Skilled Nursing Facility Unit Director (RN) Full Time
$2,500 Sign on Bonus
Medical benefits will begin the 1st of the month following your start date.
Position Summary: The Enhanced SNF Unit Director is responsible for monitoring systems and processes of the nursing team to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Actively participates in quality assurance performance improvement activities. This position is responsible to oversee and the unit with planning, direction and evaluation of effective and comprehensive nursing care practices, which promote, maintain and restore well-being of all residents to their highest level of practical functioning.
• Supports the organizational mission, goals, and policy standards facility wide
• Supports the practice standards and philosophy of the Nursing Department as they relate to facility/company policies
• Participates in management decision-making, including the setting of clinical, financial, and organizational goals
• Collaborates with others in organizational programming and committee work including: disaster, fire and safety programs, administration of the employee health program, infection control practices, pharmacy services, rehabilitation, credentialing, and Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI)
• Collaborates on an interdepartmental level to integrate nursing services with the interdisciplinary care plan.
• Ensures that standards of nursing practice are established and implemented
• Assists with managing information systems regarding the documentation of resident care, maintenance of required statistical data and development of reports and policies. Implements formal inter-departmental communications system.
•Assists with planning the system for delivery of nursing care by utilizing alternative types of nursing, appropriate staffing patterns and personnel scheduling methods, to provide continuity of care and avoid use of agency staffing.
•Assists in determining the necessary resources for all nursing personnel, equipment and supplies.
•Interacts with guests, visitors and volunteer workers to promote good public relations and further assistance when necessary.
•Assures the availability, proper functions and on-going use of all necessary health care ancillary supplies and equipment for continuing resident care during the shift.
•Answers call lights immediately and ensures that call lights are within resident reach.
•Completes or assists in evaluation of staff performance, investigates resident complaints, educates, counsels and disciplines staff when necessary.
•Assures resident care assignments are complete and are based on assessed needs of the residents, families, visitors, and staff.
•Assists with evaluating the effectiveness and quality of resident care and recognizes any need for change in the structure and process of facility management and initiates steps toward such changes.
•Participates in the quality assurance performance improvement committee (QAPI)
•Valid PA RN License Required
•Associates degree in nursing or bachelor’s degree in nursing science preferred
•Minimum of 3 years (5 preferred) prior management experience, preferably in long-term care healthcare, LTAC or acute care setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact Kaitlyn McCormack at 717-815-6152 to apply!