Position: Diesel Mechanic – Heavy Equipment
Employer: Empire Paving Limited
Employer’s Location: 50 High Meadow Place, Toronto, Ontario M9L 2Z5
Location of Work: Toronto and GTA
Salary: $28.00 per hour, for 35 hours/week
Position type: permanent, full-time
Language: English required
Education: Other trades certificate or diploma (or equivalent experience)
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization: Major internal engine repairs or overhaul; Fuel injection system; Lubrication system; Cooling system; Exhaust system
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts;
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work;
• Verify and repair emission control systems;
• Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required;
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
• Keep maintenance reports and documentation;
• Order parts and maintain inventory;
• Perform repair work on heavy trucks.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Everyone welcome to apply, including Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Vulnerable youth.
Must submit your resume when applying for this position.
We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
By email: email@example.com