• The position supports the organization through work in several areas of human resources.
• Administers payroll changes and checks for exempt staff. Percent of time- 15%
• Coordinates employee hiring with ad development, screening, recruiting, interviewing, completing reference checks and providing orientation. Percent of time- 20%
• Provides reports and verifies reports for personnel and benefits. Percent of time- 20%
• Tracks training for the locations. Percent of time- 5%
• Receives and either acts or notifies Manager of employee requests or situations needing to be resolved. Percent of time- 30%
• Assist in ensuring compliance laws and regulations. Percent of time- 10%
• Involves generally routine or standardized activities, involving some choice of action within limits defined by standard instructions with a moderate effect on the work of others.
• The position performs work as assigned by others but the position sets priorities for assigned tasks.
• Responsibilities include daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly time frames for completion.
• Impact of errors can be pay to the employee is to much or not enough, recruiting of the wrong person for a position and reports not accurate with which management decisions may be made.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Experience required for the position is 6 months to 2 years.
• Ability to read and interpret documents.
• Ability to perform organized/detailed work.
• Detailed computer skills with knowledge of MS office software with knowledge of excel or other spreadsheet/formula driven software.
• Ability to communicate and have interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
• Ability to solve problems when symptoms are sometimes vague and may not be related to the real problem. Facts may be incomplete or misleading. Assumptions occasionally must be made to fill in the gaps.
• Must possess integrity, communication and reason skills to provide a positive work environment.
• Will comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and communicate in some manner either by speech/ hearing or through written communication. The employee frequently is required to stand/ walk; occasionally required to sit, climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.