Talent Connection is working with a prime Network Performance organization that is leading the way for network virtualization in both private and public cloud datacenters.
The Technical Support Engineer’s Responsibilities
• Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose, reproduce, and provide fault isolation to resolve escalated technical issues.
• Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans.
• Drive solutions/fixes through Engineering and QA.
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous critical issues.
• Collaborate with partners to perform problem isolation and resolution.
• Review technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, troubleshooting guides, etc.
• Use diagnostic aids, tools, and appropriate lab equipment as necessary.
Qualifications for the Technical Support Engineer
• Honed your skills over the past eight years with network protocols - L2/L3 switching (STP, LACP, etc.), VxLAN, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), VRRP, 802.1Q, QoS, Policy Based Routing, packet sniffing, etc.
• Linux is part of your daily work as a Technical Support Engineer and you have a ton of knowledge with hypervisors such as KVM, XEN, and VMware.
• Enterprise data center network expertise
• Customer service skills and troubleshooting support skills are keen
• Able to manage Customer and Partner issues with urgency and diplomacy
• Creating KB articles and review technical field bulletins should be a breeze for you
• Willing to travel 15% of the time.
• MS, BS in CS or EE
• Otherwise equivalent work experience