1. Civil designers draft both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, and other infrastructure systems for proposed building projects.
2. They also interpret civil engineering drawings and building plans to determine where to place utility and piping systems.
3. supervise construction of major public works projects such as buildings, highways, airports, bridges, and dams.
4. They can either work for a government organisation or in private industry competing for government contracts.
5. Responsible for the research and design of a company's new products and systems.