Standivarius is a brand owned by DMR Ergonomic Srl, a Romanian entity. We are a design and manufacturing company specialised in office ergonomic products. Our products are aimed mainly at organisations with large numbers of laptop users that are proactive in the health and wellbeing of their staff and also promote mobility in their workplace.
We are poised for growth in a high paced industry, and have positioned ourselves as a leader in various markets: the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and the Nordic countries, with our premium office ergonomic equipment (laptop stands, document holders, ergonomic keyboards and mice etc).
We are looking for a full time UK Country Manager, with solid Sales and Marketing abilities, to develop the direct B2B sales channels and manage the current portfolio of distributors and retailers for our office ergonomic products.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the current management team based in Romania to refocus our marketing and sales efforts on the current market growth where organizations are having to deal with mobility and wellbeing concerns from the work from home staff.
The position will be supported also by professional lead generation sales teams (outsourced) providing qualified leads to be channeled towards closing.
Benefits from working for Standivarius:
work from anywhere in the UK
compensation that will reflect your experience and tenure in the field
revenue sharing structure or pay per performance
set your own hours schedule (dynamic working hours)
20 days paid vacation per year dependent on reaching the goals set per annum
Self employment contract.
Goals for the role:
Strategize, implement a direct distribution channel and achieve your sales targets by the end of 2021 for all the products in Standivarius portfolio.
Strategize, implement, and oversee processes for increased productivity and growth year on year.
Lead the team (including outsourced staff), mentor and coach so that together you meet financial targets.
Ensure the operations in the whole UK run smoothly.
Devise the advertising, promotional and sales plans and ensure they are implemented in alignment with the overall objectives of Standivarius.
Country Manager responsibilities:
- Research, development and deployment of the marketing strategy alongside management, with specific focus on switching from classic dealer-distributor channels to B2B (direct to end user).
- Supervise the implementation of the go-to-market strategy: identify new channels, campaigns and events, digital presence etc.
- Generate new leads and follow up on the leads from outsourced providers in closing the deals.
- A strong emphasis on following up on Sales Qualified Leads and close deals.
- Liaise with current dealers, distributors and customers to understand the needs and requirements in order to adapt marketing messages.
- Brand and product portfolio management.
- Outsource marketing projects to specialized 3rd parties according to the specific needs (i.e. lead generation freelancers or agencies, content creators etc) and measure their performance.
Country Manager Requirements:
- Determined and passionate person, positive attitude. self-started, willing to “roll up your sleeves” to achieve growth.
- Solid understanding of the distribution industry for office and employee wellbeing supplies is a big advantage.
- Presentation, analytical and planning skills are essential.
- Outstanding track record and experience in sales and marketing strategy for at least 8 years, management at least 5 years
- Interested and willing to explore other European markets in the near future.
- Work is done from home, with very limited travel within the UK. Location is therefore not relevant, but extended remote work experience is a benefit.
Benefits and other notes:
A flexible work pattern is encouraged with core work hours as may be agreed
- we are not an UK established entity (only UK banking and registered with HMRC for VAT) – therefore employment has to be done as a rolling 12 month contract rather than *direct employment (* here we need advice regarding correct terminology)
- yearly contract between £40 and £55k (depending on the skills), plus uncapped commission on the sales that at current business volumes is around 15k, but potentially going as high as 35-45k
- In addition to commission, benefits include the freedom of working flexibly with light-touch management from HQ
- 100% Romanian company, 10+ years experience, 8 full time employees, specialized in development, production and sourcing of premium office ergonomic equipment (laptop stands, document holders, ergonomic keyboards and mice etc), with focus on mobile workplace
- Present on European markets, especially UK, Netherlands, Nordics and Germany, with established customer base
- the only player among direct competition who has own design and manufacturing capabilities, allowing for very competitive cost structure and rapid response to big projects
- very good review of the products among users and certification agencies (FIRA UK, IGR -Germany), product development capabilities according to market trends
- positioned very competitively in the context of hybrid work changes, with forecasts of high increase in demand.
- work directly with top lead generation agencies that provide excellent sales leads
- mid term interest in making an exit with the business