1. Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
2. Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures.
3. Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
4. Setting up components for welding according to specifications.
5. welder's primary duty is to join metal parts together.
6. They may also fix holes in metal objects as well.
7. They work on the metal components of various structures to include pipelines, bridges, power plants, buildings, refineries, automobiles, or ships.