Invoke Consulting provides IT and Operations Consulting for customers based in Western Canada. Our vision is to be nationally recognized as the most trusted adviser for business and operational systems and to achieve the highest quality customer experience though success implementation, communications, integrity, innovation, and teamwork.
We are actively seeking a SYSPRO ERP and Financial Consultant to join our growing team. We are dedicated to delivering high quality IT consultation to our growing international client base from Vancouver, BC. As the SYSPRO Enterprise Resource Planning and Financial Consulting lead, you will be the primary point-person responsible for discovering the client's needs, planning, executing and delivering the IT projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, you must be technical with 5-10 year experience working in diverse environments and a wide variety of business applications.
In your role as an ERP Consultant you will provide support, implementation, and consultation to help define project requirements and scope, configure sensitive business systems, manage and report on financial aspects of a customer’s business and assist in the implementation of project deliverable's, effective quality control and clear communication of expectations to customer are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project's life-cycle.
In this role, you will support the processes, procedures and configuration of business software for Invoke’s customers. You will be studying, modeling and recommending solutions to suit customers in a wide variety of industries Additional duties include:
• Working with customer’s on facilitating and implementing change management throughout the ERP implementation and providing financial infrastructure services
• Provide initial and in depth issue resolution for customer
• Assist customer with financial data migration and best practices support in accordance with GAAP and IFRS (if applicable)
• Writing functional specifications for enhancements, integrations and reports
• Testing, validation, and solution design of all financial processes as well as ensuring common controls throughout inventory and manufacturing
• Ability to establish priorities while on site and to communicate effectively with other project team members and customers
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization with professionalism and best practice expertise
• Regular travel to customer sites within Western Canada
• Regular remote sessions hosted through Microsoft Teams for customers locally and internationally
• Attain and maintain Syspro certification status
• Maintain thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL experience and related report writing skills
• Entry of time and expenses in project accounting system
• Performing Business Process Reviews covering all areas of the business
• Understanding ITCC change control procedures and respecting stringent data integrity procedures
• Deploy solutions on live systems critical to customer business and operations
• Support customers and prioritize work by determining the business-critical nature of the problems and delivering support services accordingly
• Deliver technical support services according to specified Service Level Agreements
This is a full time, direct hire role. This role serves customers working in Western Canada and has specific experience and skills required to perform the role. In addition, you will need to pass a drug screen and background investigation.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time outside of the region.
This is a standalone, customer-facing role, so the successful candidate must have exceptional verbal and written skills.
Experience and skills
• Solid support experience in a large scale ERP environment
• System administration/support experience on all Windows platforms
• Understanding of Network protocols
• Understanding of backups and solutions
• Understanding of iphone, Tablets, and Android mobile devices
• Understanding of barcoded warehouse and inventory management solutions
• VB Scripting for business application tailoring
• Possess excellent Customer Service, verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a CMA, CGA, CA or CPA designation or equivalent
• work experience -5+ years of experience in finance management with relevant work experience (Manufacturing, Distribution, Job Shop, etc)
• Experience with projects focused on finance process improvement or optimization on month end close activities, financial consolidations, accruals, sub-ledger reconciliations, reporting, planning and forecasting etc.
• Prior experience working with ERP software is required (including, but not limited to, Syspro 7/8)
• ERP Financial Implementation – preferably full cycle
• Experience in assisting customers to implement Best Practice Processes
• Consulting background and Syspro certification preferred
• Strong communication skills, Team player, Project management skills, while being able to work independently
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Have exceptional understanding of financial, operational, and technical requirements and solutions for manufacturing and distribution-based companies
• Be a leader, capable of setting direction and identifying tactical requirements
• Have exceptional customer Service skills
• Valid BC Drivers License
• A car to drive to and from site
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have great customer service
• Be enthusiastic about changing technologies
• Be proactive in learning new technologies to stay current with ERP trends
• Be proactive in studying and adapting to changes in regulatory reporting
Compensation commensurate with experience.