The Bookkeeper for Plowshares Theatre oversees the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform routine accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
• Provide fiscal support, including, tax preparation, cash flow management, general accounting activities, treasury management, banking, and account reconciliations, interfacing with accountant, auditors and vendors as necessary.
• Manage organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets, and General Ledger within the accounting system
• Manage the production of monthly P&L reports as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees
• Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Petty Cash
• Communicate directly with vendors regarding payments and services; process, prepare, and record invoices
• Provide support for management of annual budgets and administration of monthly reviews including explanations of variances
• At least 1 year of customer service experience, either face to face or over the telephone
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel) or Apple Suite (Apple)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Certificate in Bookkeeping
• Working knowledge of payroll systems (ADP/Paychex)
• G Suite (Google Sheets)