Receives finished products for packing and shipping. Secures products in protective materials such as racks, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, etc, and stacks on skids or packs in boxes, enter shipping data into a computer, moves to ship area to be shipped.
• Remove parts from Baking Oven (250 )
• Receive racks of finished parts in the Packing area.
• Remove parts from racks to packing table.
• Pack parts according to packing instructions which could be one of the following:
-Use bubble wrap to protect.
-Place wrapped part in Box, Skid, or special carrier made for specific parts.
-Place on skids.
-Wrap specific skids with shrink-wrap or band w/ties.
-Attach packing information.
-Move to shipping area by forklift for processing and shipment.
-Ensures shop cleanliness and maintenance regularly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Ability to operate Computer.
• Knowledge of system Packing Slip procedures.
• Ability to read blueprints and job packets.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS Sheets, blueprints, maintenance instructions, and job procedures.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to operate Forklift.
General Skill Requirements
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Accepts criticism and feedback; ability to work with frustrating situations; work under pressure and unscheduled overtime.
• Attendance and Punctuality – Begin work on time; keep absences within guidelines.
• Communications – Exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep co-workers informed; use appropriate communication methods.
• Cooperation – Maintain effective relations; display a positive outlook and pleasant manner; support and assist co-workers.
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence and ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work promptly.
• Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Use equipment and materials properly; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Education and/or other Requirements
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to perform duties in extreme heat.
• Regularly works near moving mechanical equipment.
• Employee often works in confined spaces.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and arms to operate equipment; push, pull and lift objects; talk and hear.
• Perform motions including bending, twisting, pushing, pulling.
• The employee will regularly be required to lift, push or pull weight and/or carry objects weighing 5 lbs and up to 200 lbs.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time without a significant rest period.
• Ability to inspect products and materials.
• Comprehend basic written information or data.
• Plan sequence of operations and actions.
• Ability to handle stress and fatigue related to tight deadlines.
The following equipment is required in the operations of a Packer:
• Pack Tape
• Bubble Wrap
• Skids, Boxes, Carriers
• Production Parts