Biologist needs 3+ years’ experience
• B.S. in biology with experience working in an academic or industrial research laboratory
• Hands-on experience and familiarity with contemporary techniques in cell and molecular biology research fields is a must.
• Experience on generation of stable cell lines with various cancer cells is desired
• Work experience in cancer biology related research is a big plus
• Ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
• Work closely with research scientist in a cell and molecular laboratory and perform experiments daily • Maintain, passage various adherent or suspension cancer cell lines, prepare cryopreservation frozen stock for long term storage.
• Conduct and assist to conduct plasmid DNA transfection of cancer cell lines using lipid based reagents, electroporation, as well as viral based methods.
• Conduct and assist to conduct experiments to select and generate sub-lines with stable exogeneous expression of gene of interest from cell transfection.
• Perform cell based assays including cell proliferation assays, cell survival assays with cytotoxic compounds using multiple technology platforms
• Perform biochemistry assays including western blotting, ELISA, multiplex ELISA
• Perform molecular biology assays including DNA, RNA isolation from cell culture and tissues, RT-qPCR for gene expression analysis
• Assist in other experiments and laboratory maintenance related activities
• Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
• Do initial data analysis in Excel and other analysis software, prepare experiment results summary
• Work with scientists from other teams in a collaborative environment