Adventure Trading, a small wholesale business of sporting goods and promotional products, is seeking a new manager. We sell a variety of fun, active and unique accessory items to a wide variety of retailers across the country. Our products sell in markets including sporting goods, gift, promotional, general goods and more. We seek a reliable and energetic individual who is good at multi-tasking, managing relationships and has an attention to detail.
Our company has been in business 29 years with plans for staying put in Seattle. We own our building which is located by the waterfront near the Ballard Locks. The position includes management of property and property tenants so this is an on-site position with no chance for remote work. But it would be a great job for bicycle commuting or mass transit riders.
The position is for manager of the business and requires a high level of responsibility. Daily duties include managing incoming and outgoing orders, processing payments, paying bills, scheduling shipments, interacting with staff, suppliers and tenants, and ensuring the business operates smoothly are some of the myriad of duties.
A few of the requirements include:
• Take charge individual able to manage people, tasks and deadlines.
• Full-time position, hours are 9:00 to 5:00 weekdays.
• Must be proficient on computers with various programs and be able to communicate through multiple mediums including email, text and fax.
• Must have attention to detail and have had experience in accounting
• Multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform physical labor including lifting boxes up to 50 pounds.
• Forklift experience or be willing to take forklift driving class.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Salary range is 45K – 55K, quality group health insurance plan, 3 weeks vacation, and 401K plan.
• Pet friendly workplace. We have warehouse cats, and employee’s dogs come each day.
• No company dress code besides presentable attire suitable to meet the public.
• Off street parking in a great Seattle neigborhood close to the Ballard Locks.
We are a small business with a very positive reputation in our industry. There is an ample training period. Background check is required.
Please email resume that includes work history, skills, computer skills, and write as to why you feel that you would be a good candidate for this position of responsibility. Equal opportunity employer. We will reply to every serious job inquiry within the week.