Client is in need of a seasoned Consultant with a proven professional background in reviewing, analyzing and documenting and maintaining complicated technical documents.
Work with programs across the agency to research emerging technology vendors and evaluate their ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services. Responsible for editing functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents or information security related documents. Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences. Work with cross functional Business Analysts, Application Development, Quality Assurance, and Technical Support groups to produce a wide variety of technical publications such as instructional materials, technical manuals, online Help, and product documentation for use by both IT and business end users. Participates in business requirements, functional design and testing work sessions. Conducts research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation and by gleaning information from the system or product being documented. Develops an understanding of the requirements for the features being documented, including target
audience. Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Works with technical resources to improve document quality and usability. Maintains the internal documentation library, provide and/or coordinate special
documentation services as required, and manage and coordinate special projects and/or
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
11-15 yrs. years in working with Business Analysts, Application Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support groups.
11-15 yrs. cost/price and market analysis techniques such as cost/price and market analysis techniques; cost estimating.
Bachelor’s degree in IT . Master's Degree Preferred.
8 Years experience in research, outlining, writing end-user documentation for Technical user manuals.
8 years experience in participation in writing user's manuals, training materials, installation buies, proposals and other reports and deliverables.
8 years experience evaluating prospective contractor's proposals for techcnical, telecom proposals.
7 years experience in proofreading documents for accuracy.