Job purpose: Set up and operate rotary die-cutting (flexographic) presses, slitter/rewinders and other testing, inspection, and finishing equipment to convert material into finished product in accordance with specifications, procedures, and practices.
• Study work instructions and specifications to determine correct method of set up and process control for material conversion.
• Set up the appropriate press with the correct tooling and material in accordance with established procedures, practice, and established specifications.
• Operate equipment and handle material and tooling in compliance with established safety procedures while converting materials in a timely and effective fashion.
• Measure product output during the converting process to insure conformance to specification and to adjust/control the process accordingly.
• Complete processing of manufacturing order and record material usage and labor within company’s enterprise resource system.
• Clean and maintain equipment and work area.
Minimum Experience and Education:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook (email)
• Ability to communicate effectively
• 2 – 3 years work experience in similar job type
• High School Diploma
Preferably would also have:
• Ability to perform routine and demanding operations with minimal supervision
• Indigo digital printing familiarity/experience
• Ability to assist with new product press runs.
• Ability to do preventive maintenance tasks on press.
• 5+ years work experience in similar job type
• Associate’s Degree (2 yr certificate) or greater
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud as in a manufacturing environment.