Relief Pharmacist position in Burnaby, BC
Job Title: Relief Pharmacist
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Type: Contract (2 months)
RPI Consulting Group is the leader of the Healthcare Staffing industry in Canada, working with the most prominent Canadian healthcare institutions and pharmacies. We work to ensure the highest quality of professional Healthcare personnel for their positions. Several healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have seen opportunities and growth within the organisation.
We are looking for a professional Relief Pharmacist to fill a position with one of our top healthcare clients based in the city of Burnaby, British Columbia. As an integral part of a highly professional team, you will support the medication distribution system, organize technicians' work flow, and prevent drug related problems.
This assignment is a two month contract starting ASAP. The candidate will be offered full time hours, three days of the week from 6 AM to 1 PM, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The shift will be divided between 4 hours of methadone delivery and the rest being regular pharmacy duties. The idea; candidate will be someone who is able to start ASAP and is comfortable with WinRX, however, training will be provided to the right candidate. One year experience delivering methadone considered a strong asset.
This position offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to work with a friendly healthcare team who is committed to patient-centered care and life-long learning.
Your principal responsibilities include the following:
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
• Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
• Supervises the work results of support personnel.
• Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
• One year experience in a busy pharmacy considered a strong asset.
• Licensed Pharmacist in good standing with the BC College of Pharmacists
• Tech Savvy
• High level of interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
While we appreciate your interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
1866.505.3383 Ext 268