Eastern Florida State College is currently seeking applications for the part-time position of Learning Specialist on the Melbourne Campus in Melbourne, Florida.
The learning specialist for math is responsible for providing tutoring support to eligible TRiO Student Support Services participants in order to increase retention and graduation rates.
The following minimum qualifications for this position must be met before any applicant will be considered:
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with advanced command of subject area - Developmental Math
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with advanced command of subject area -
Developmental Math through Pre-calculus.
- At least two year’s related work experience and experience working with disadvantaged students.
- Tutoring experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student population.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator’s license required.
- This position will require successful fingerprinting and the candidate chosen will be required to pay (currently
$37.25). This fingerprinting fee ($37.25) is non-refundable.
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work will be required to be considered beyond the application phase.*
*High School Diploma or GED or transcripts or official transcripts of all collegiate work (as appropriate for the position) must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All foreign degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
Minimum physical qualifications:
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or move up to 20 pounds, Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information and/or data from computer
- Occasional travel to other campuses or outside meetings.
The hourly rate is $10.00. This position is externally funded. This position has been approved for up to 28 hours per week and is eligible for regular part-time benefits (i.e. vacation, life insurance, etc.).
Applications will be accepted from April 7, 2021 through April 18, 2021; however, the College reserves the right to extend or conclude searches without notice. Applications must be submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. on the closing day. This is a covered position under Chapter 295 Florida Statutes, which provides for Veterans’ Preference in employment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must apply on-line at the Eastern Florida State College Website in order to be considered for employment. If an applicant needs assistance in completing the on-line application, he/she should contact Human Resources. With at least 24 hours advance notice, EFSC can provide readers, Braille, audio cassettes, computer readers, sign language interpreters, and Scribes.
NOTE TO APPLICANT
Applications will not be considered after the deadline date unless justified and approved for exception by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources. All successful applicants must complete New Employee Orientation prior to beginning work.
CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES
Eastern Florida State College, Human Resources, 1519 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, FL 32922
Telephone: (321) 433-7070 FAX: (321) 433-7065 Florida Relay: 1-800-955-8770
Eastern Florida State College is dedicated to providing a nondiscriminatory environment which promotes equal access, equal educational opportunity and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, genetic information, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veterans status, ancestry, or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.