Data Engineer Chantilly, VA ref
send resume if a fit
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in a related technical discipline
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll lead model and simulation activities as you participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification). It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
We are seeking a Data Engineer to support the Insider Threat mission. Data Engineers work with various security system data owners to automate data integration and collection strategies. Work closely with the data science team to ensure data cleanliness and accuracy.
Support data science team by designing, developing and implementing scalable ETL process for disparate datasets into a Hadoop infrastructure
Design, develop, implement and maintain data ingestion process from various disparate datasets using StreamSets (experience with StreamSets not mandatory)
Develop processes to identify data drift and malformed records
Develop technical documentation and standard operating procedures
Leads technical tasks for small teams or projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of entity resolution systems
Experience with messages systems like Kafka
Experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB
Any of the following databases: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
Working experience with ETL processing
Working experience with data workflow products like StreamSets or NiFi
Working experience with Python RESTful API services, JDBC
Experience with Hadoop and Hive/Impala
Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench is a plus
Understanding of pySpark Leadership experience
Ability to multi-task
Excellent use and understanding of data engineering concepts, principles, and theories
1. Please walk us through the candidate's role, responsibilities, key accomplishments and achievements as a Data Engineer. Please include the experience in Python RESTful API services, JDBC and databases like SQL, MongoDB, Oracle or Postgres.
2. Please walk us through the candidate's experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB.
3. An active TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Do you have one?
4. Does the candidate have the ability to obtain a Polygraph? If yes, how soon can they get it?
5. What is the candidate’s highest level of education?
6. What is the candidate’s work authorization status?
7. What is the candidate’s desired compensation?
8. Where is the candidate located? If candidate is not near job location, please explain relocation.
9. Please provide the link to candidate’s Linkedin profile:
10. Has the candidate applied or been interviewed for any role with this company in the past? If so, please provide details.
11. What is the candidate's current level of security clearance? Please verify if it is active or inactive and provide the date of the last investigation
12. Has the candidate applied or been interviewed for any role with this company in the past? If so, please provide details.