Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Plan work by reviewing work orders and incorporating maximum usage of material with minimum waste.
- Operate saw cutting structural steel and tubing.
- Be able to use tape measure for accuracy on cutting dimensions.
-Complete required documents.
- Possible grind or deburr parts and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb and lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly alone.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds with 1 person assisting.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and overhead hoist.
- Able to handle large steel beams safely.
- Operate safety equipment and observe strict safe work habits.
- Be able to perform general maintenance of saw.
- Must clean and organize work area throughout shift and at the end of shift.
- Must be able to respond quickly and smoothly to production and customer needs understanding changes to the schedule dictate the work performed.
-Must pass and maintain ability to wear appropriate PPE and monitoring requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manage ones time to maximize productivity.
-Train others to develop depth and support in the team.
- Recommend needed equipment, facilities, and materials.
-Look for ways to help people being conscious of a team concept.
- Test and inspect products, services, or processes. Evaluate quality or performance.
- Maintain equipment on a routine basis.
-Assist or perform repair of machines or systems.
Education: High School diploma or GED required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)