Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Toronto, ON
Wage: Up to $18/hr
RPI Consulting Group is the largest staffing agency in Canada for the Healthcare industry, working with the most prominent Canadian healthcare institutions and pharmacies. We work to ensure the highest quality of professional Healthcare personnel for their positions. Several healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have seen opportunities and growth within the organisation.
We are looking for an energetic and hardworking Pharmacy assistant for our valued Pharmacy client located in Toronto, Ontario. The assignment is for a 1 year contract starting as soon as possible. This assignment offers full time hours, 10 hours a day, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 7 PM and 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM on Saturdays. The ideal candidate would have at least a year of paid retail experience. Any knowledge of Nexsys/Pharmaclick is considered an asset, however, training will be provided for the right candidate. This will be an excellent opportunity to work in a highly efficient, fast paced professional environment while gaining experience.
This opportunity is for an eager, hardworking and driven Pharmacy Assistant who is looking for the next best chapter in their career. This is a Pharmacy operation, and differs greatly from any community or retail operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Pharmacists in filling prescriptions and preparing blister packs;
• Assist Pharmacists & other pharmacy staff with packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products;
• Assist in maintaining prescription records and inventory of medications;
• Assist in maintaining records of pharmaceutical products;
• Maintain workflow through effective task prioritization and teamwork;
• Order, receive and maintain inventory of medications;
• Review invoices or other documentation related to supply chain;
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace and dispensary;
• Check on expiration date and maintain usable inventory on the shelves;
• Knowledge of PharmaClick/Nexsys considered a strong asset
• 1-3 years of Pharmacy Assistant experience
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and accuracy;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
• (Effective organizational skills; attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills.
While we appreciate the interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
1.866.505.3383 - 268