Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19
*Candidates residing near New Albany, IN, Jeffersonville, IN, Frankfort, KY and Shelbyville, KY encouraged to apply
Hours: Training schedule is 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, Permanent 8-hour shift between the hours of 7am-7pm EST will be determined after training. Weekends and Holidays off!
What Anthem can do for you:
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include:
- Merit increases
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement)
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits
- 401(k) +match
- Stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Financial education resources
- Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information;
- Documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
- Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent;
- Up to 1 year of previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
For URAC accredited areas the following applies:
Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.