Receives production parts, loads Press Brake with correct die, and programs Press Brake Machine (s) to bend parts. Requires knowledge of programming modes and maintenance of Press Brake machine. Knowledge and use of calipers, measuring tape, grinder, and forklift is also a requirement.
• Receive parts at Press Brake for bending operation.
• Change out dies for the required job and part.
• Program machine to perform correct bending operation on produced parts.
• Operate Press Brake bending parts to specs while maintaining guards and safety features of the machine.
• Continually check bend dimensions according to print with measuring tools to ensure quality parts.
• Stack finished part on skids and/or in boxes to ready for next operation.
• Move the bent/finished parts to next area of production.
• Perform routine maintenance on Press Brake machine from time to time.
• Ensures and maintains shop cleanliness in work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Ability to operate Computer.
• Ability to read blueprints and job packets.
• Ability to operate measuring tools such as Calipers, Measuring Tape, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS Sheets, blueprints, maintenance instructions, and job procedures.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to operate Forklift.
General Skill Requirements
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Accepts criticism and feedback; ability to work with frustrating situations; work under pressure and unscheduled overtime.
• Attendance and Punctuality – Begin work on time; keep absences within guidelines.
• Communications – Exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep co-workers informed; use appropriate communication methods.
• Cooperation – Maintain effective relations; display a positive outlook and pleasant manner; support and assist co-workers.
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence and ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner.
• Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Use equipment and materials properly; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Education and/or other Requirements
Program training for the Press Brake Machines and up-to-date training as necessary.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to perform duties in extreme heat.
• Regularly works near moving mechanical equipment.
• Employee often works in confined spaces.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and arms to operate equipment; push, pull and lift objects; talk and hear.
• Perform motions including bending, twisting, pushing, pulling.
• The employee will regularly be required to lift, push or pull weight and/or carry objects weighing 5 lbs and up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time without a significant rest period.
• Ability to inspect products and materials.
• Comprehend basic written information or data.
• Plan sequence of operations and actions.
• Ability to handle stress and fatigue related to tight deadlines.
The following equipment is required in the operations of a Press Brake Operator:
• Press Brake Machines
• Calipers & Tape Measure
• Production Parts