If you have an interest in learning about employee group benefits and you love helping customers, this rare entry customer service advocacy role could be a great career start!
My client is an employee benefits agency located in the Federal Way/Tacoma area of Washington. Employee benefits are medical, dental, vision, and other group benefits that employers provide to their employees. My client specializes in working with local area businesses and prides themselves on their excellent client customer service. This position will involve both phone and email interaction with internal and external customers as well as Insurance Carriers. This is a full time in-office role. Hours are Mon to Fri 9 am to 5 pm. The job is fast-paced with lots of variety. You get to wear a lot of hats in this position.
The client offers salary with full benefits, free parking, industry product training and paid continuing education. It is a fun team with a great work/life balance.
Here's how the training program works:
If you are not licensed in Life & Disability already, you will start by learning how to do non-licensed administrative tasks such as answer phones, determining who the customer needs to talk to, sending in enrollments, terminations, and address changes, and helping to support the Customer Service Team lead with admin related tasks. This will give you some time to learn the basics of the back office paperwork flow and will get you familiar with employee benefits terms and work flow processes.
Once you are familiar with the basics, you will start studying for your Life & Disability license. It is a 40 hour online class that you will be working on while you continue to do your non-licensed tasks. Once you have completed the course, you will take the WA state licensing test. Once you pass, you will be able to start doing licensed tasks and you will also be eligible for a raise.
Licensed tasks include:
1. Work directly with employees and their family members to answer questions and resolve their issues
2. Answer questions regarding policy coverage information (ex: Rx benefit, covered procedures, plan provisions, plan limitations, etc.)
3. Act as a liaison with insurance carriers and providers (hospitals, doctors, dentists, labs) to resolve claims issues and aid with the appeals process
4. Help with ID card requests, processes address changes, and assist with network searches
5. Process enrollments, terminations and changes for select clients.
6. Answer a high volume of calls and emails in a timely manner
As you training progresses, additional tasks you will perform include:
1. Help complete compliance forms and notifications
2. Answer billing questions regarding enrollment changes
3. Help clients with bill discrepancies and bill audits and answer general questions that come in daily including coordination of benefits, covered benefits, and eligibility.
The goal for this role is to provide you with day to day benefits training so that you have the tools to grow into a licensed Account Manager in the future.
To be considered for this role, candidates need to have at a High school degree (college preferred), solid Outlook, Word and Excel skills, a willingness to learn, good clear phone voice, and past experience working full time in an office setting with strong attention to detail. Any exposure to employee benefits is a huge plus, but not required. You must be able to obtain a WA state insurance license. You must live a commutable distance from the Fife/Federal Way or Tacoma area.
To apply, email your resume or call 425-298-0278.