The Production Supervisor is a key member of the manufacturing team reporting directly to the Production Manager. This position will be the key leader to individual production lines, driving daily/weekly/monthly success by understanding all dimensions & expectations of the production line, and is also a key component of driving a Lean and Continuous Improvement culture. This position will act as the supervisor & leader for ~20 associates assigned to the product line and will be responsible for the short- & long-term development of these associates to ensure success of the business.
• High School Degree/GED or equivalent required, Associates/Bachelor’s degree in
• Production/Operations preferred
• 2-3 years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
• 2-3 years metal fabrication experience preferred
• Basic understanding of Lean principles & tools in a manufacturing setting, and the ability to apply these principles to drive continuous improvement.
• Acts as department leader by understanding all dimensions & expectations of production line.
• Serves as department champion & coach of quality, Lean, and process improvements to promote a continuous learning environment.
• Works with Production, Quality & Engineering, and Plant Managers to help employ strategic & operational objectives, assessing the current processes performed among functional areas.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of collaboration within and between departments.
• Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, answering questions, and responding to requests.
• Supports the creation and revision of systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and personnel requirements, implementing change.
• Identify training and development needs to build long-term competencies and bench strength within department.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at . A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.