Relief Pharmacist position in Whitehorse, YT - Long Hours + 60$/hr
Job Title: Relief Pharmacist
Job Type: Contract (6 weeks)
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
RPI Consulting Group is the largest staffing agency in Canada for the Healthcare industry, working with the most prominent Canadian healthcare institutions and pharmacies. We work to ensure the highest quality of professional Healthcare personnel for their positions. Several healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have seen opportunities and growth within the organisation.
We are looking for a professional Relief Pharmacist to fill a position with one of our clients based in the city of Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. As an integral part of a highly professional team, you will support the medication distribution system, organize technicians' work flow, and prevent drug related problems.
The candidate will need to be a Kroll trained Pharmacist. This is an assignment starting ASAP until the end of April that offers full time hours from Monday-Friday (9 AM – 5 PM), and may be required to work some weekends. This position reports directly to the Pharmacy Manager. Being a pharmacist means dealing with lots of different people, including patients and doctors, so excellent interpersonal skills are required. During busy periods it is important to be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure to ensure that the medicines prescribed to patients are suitable and that the supply of medicines is within the law.
The pharmacy experiences 100-200 prescriptions a day, there is assistant coverage available and there might be some pharmacist overlap as well. Selected candidates will be provided flight, accommodation and licensing fees to register in YT, if needed.
Prospective pharmacists should have scientific aptitude, good interpersonal skills, and a desire to help others. They also must be conscientious and pay close attention to detail
Your principal responsibilities include the following:
• Compound and dispense tablets, liquids, ointments, powders as prescribed
• Oversee and manage pharmacy technicians
• Review prescriptions to ensure accuracy in dosage, needed ingredients, suitability for patients
• Provide information on the use and effects of medications as well as potential drug interactions
• Record prescriptions dispensed, and the issue of poisons, narcotics and other restricted drugs
• Keep records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, inventories, and registries of drugs
• Work alongside with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the drugs
• Provide a professional and safe environment for customers and pharmacy staff
• Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
• Experience and proficiency with Kroll
• A minimum of one year experience in a busy pharmacy setting is considered to be a strong asset
• High level of interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
• Salary: $60/hr
• Free Flights
• Free Accommodation
• Licensing fees to register in YT (if required)
While we appreciate your interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
1 866 505 3383 Ext 317